Wednesday, 11 November 2009

AR - Illustrators Art


____________________________________

Danny Allison

I was drawn to this image because of the use of contrasting colours. The image is showing a woman with what is perhaps a fiery arrow going round her, there is also a love heart on the image near the woman's face. I like the texture of the image as it appears to be quite gritty and sharp. I also like how the colours run onto one another creating different colours in between. The image has probably been created by having a basic pencil drawing which has either been painted on or most probably coloured in Photoshop, using many different layers and layer styles. I feel I could use something along the lines of a gritty texture when it comes to doing my music inspired images or my VJ.

As with the image above, I like how Danny has made the image have quite a pale background and used strong bold colours on top. Also, the images contrast which make the image more powerful. I think this image has been created by photo shopping/painting colour in onto a very well hand drawn image. I like how on the image the grim reaper is ripping through the cards and then having blood come out the them as though they are real and have feels. It show's how the grim reaper has power over things.

____________________________________

Bec Winnel

In this image I like how the illustrator has only used pale colours on the blonde woman. I feel she has done this to show the vulnerability and beauty of the woman. I also like how the hair shadows onto her eyes to make them appear darker which could mean a number of things depending on who the viewer of the image is. I feel I could probably use the use of pale work in my images in the future if I want to make it look vulnerable or beautiful.


This image, although like the image above being pale. This image also show's the vulnerability and beauty of this woman. The way she has a fine light shining onto her face tells me that the woman could be scared. As well as this, it shows that she could have some hidden message which is ready for the viewer to interpret. I think the image has been created from a hand drawing and then colour added afterwards. I feel in my future work I could use a dark background and a fine light to show vulnerability and a hidden message.

____________________________________

Nuno Da Costa

I like how this image shows how beauty can be so minimalistic and not too 'try hard' like the society of today thinks it is. Nuna Da Costa have probably drawn this image and then used photoshop or something to add colour. As she is a fashion illustrator she has made the woman in the image look quite powerful and strong, this is probably because of the choice of colours that she has chosen to show this. I feel I could use similar colour combinations to get the same message across in my work.



This fashion illustration is of an attractive woman apply mascara. The image is full of different blue tones which give a good effect against the back around her eyes and the mascara bottle. I think the artist is trying to say that the wearer of this product will inevitably become strong and power just like the woman in the image.

____________________________________

Alexandra Ball

This is an interesting image which shows the relationship between a bear and a little girl. A lot of Alexandra’s work is for children’s books but I also like how a lot of her images tell a story within their selves. This drawing is quite simple and uses darker tones rather than bright bold colours. I like how the girl looks and feels so secure with the bear which is known to be quite a carnivorous creature. I feel something like this could be used as a metaphor or something between the relationships between humans and animals.

I think this image is quite joyous and happy. Again, like other pieces of her work, she shows the relationship between people and animals. In this image the boy is looking for animals under a rock and has a few little animals around him. I like how the colours in the image are quite blunt and aren’t at all bright, yet the image still comes across as a bright and happy image.

____________________________________

Philip Bishop

This image is very interesting. I like how the colours smudge and run onto one another and the, although the two caricatures are stood near a taxi next to the city, they are holding a glad of wine, a meal and are dancing. I believe this is a metaphor for a night out or a perfect date or something along them lines. I like the simple drawing technique used and the pale pastel colours used. I feel such a simple piece of art can tell so many stories, is something which I could use in my work in the future.


This is a really simple image which uses pale colours and quite hard, sharp edges. I like how the lines aren’t quite straight but are almost diagonal which shows a kind of unstable effect to the image. I feel using lines in such a way could help me in my own work.

____________________________________

Xiao Xin

Xiao Xin has drawn this cute image of a squirrel sat on a pumpkin. The colours used and quite pale but very effective. The image has probably been coloured in Photoshop after the artist has hand drawn the image. I feel like the image is trying to represent how many different species know nothing about each other, which could be a metaphor for how many people in the world don’t understand one another.


This image is quite similar to the one I just discussed above. However this one is showing hoe ant’s work together as a team. The artist has used pale pastel colours which he had applied to a simple, yet effect pencil drawing. I feel the image could be a metaphor to show how ant’s unite and work together, whereas some people in the world don’t and therefore should come together like ‘ant’s’.

____________________________________

Ben Tallon

Ben talon has created a very abstract piece of imagery here. He has drawn the basic anatomy of a human body, but changed many aspects of it such as the crocodile head. I also like how he has made some of the areas darker to add contrast against the white background. The way he has labelled it also gives the image a good effect which makes the image viewer want to see more of the image.


I’m not too sure what it is I like about this image, but my eye was drawn to it immediately. I like how the artist has used soft colour tones on the pencil drawing. I think the author is trying to communicate many things through this image, however I believe it is up to the reader to interpret what the image really means.

____________________________________

Montana Forbes


Montana has used a great range of different kinds of media in this image. I like how she has used photography, drawing and Photoshop and combined them all to create this great image. I think the artist is trying to communicate how a person has two sides to them. On the right hand side, I think the floral pattern and the birds represent her vulnerability and the dark silhouetted trees on the left represent her darkness and secrets. I feel using this divide style if a really useful effect which I might use in my work.

____________________________________

Kareem Iliya


This esteemed fashion illustrator used bold colours in her work. The image of the left I feel is quite a strong image which shows the innocence of the woman. I like how she is in a silhouette against and amongst the mustard colour background. The image on the right shows a woman who I believe feels quite intimidated and scared. I think the main reason I think this is because of the pink circle on her check and how pale her skin is against the black on the rest of her. In most of her work she uses pencil drawings and paint to create a roughed sort of texture and edge.

____________________________________

Ruben Alterio

I think I like this image because of the use of colours. Ruben has used quite similar colours layered over one another to create a bold colour onto of his drawing. In most of Ruben’s fashion illustrations, he uses old Victorian style clothing and makes them more modern with the use of colours. I think the message that Ruben is trying to get out is that old clothes are perhaps coming back into fashion.

____________________________________

Thierry Perez

Thierry uses basic pencil drawings in his images and brings them to life with paint. I like how he uses strong bold colours which contrast onto one another. I think with this image the artist is trying to say that animal print clothing is a good look as he is a fashion illustrator. Also I think it shows that the woman is strong and powerful so the wearer of this garment will become both of those things.

____________________________________

Jason Brooks


Jason brooks is a graphic designer who always starts with basic hand drawings. His work is inspired by cartoonish kind of art and he does a lot of party/beach scene. His work has been used on some ‘Hed Kandi’ album covers. I think the image works so well because of the use of colours and especially with the lens flare acting as the sun. I thing this basic kind of art works well in many situations and especially for album covers for something like dance music.

____________________________________

Maurice Vellekoop


Maurice Vellekoop is a fashion illustrator who has made this simple image of a waitress look quite magnificent. I like how Maurice has used a simple drawing on a plain background but added a blue ‘swoosh’ behind her. I think the way the waitress is stood, kind of shows her a strong woman and the ‘swoosh’ tells me that the woman is actually going somewhere with her life.

____________________________________

Matthew Hollings


I like this image because of the lighting effects on it. I also like the way that Matthew Hollings has used paint splatter like effects onto this image. Using black and white on this image also makes it look more dramatic and powerful. I feel using similar techniques such as making the image black and white or lowering the saturation and using paint splatters to create a more modern edgy effect to an image.


As with the image above, Matthew has used paint splatters again to make this image look sort of message. I also like how he used a simple gray background with some brush effects on and layers different images on top of it and used lighting effects to enhance the photo. Using lighting effect like this ones used in this image are a really good effect and draw more attention to the image.

____________________________________

Phillip Bannister

This painting shows a very powerful looking building which reminds me of the street of London. I feel that the artist has used simple colours however has made it look very realistic and brilliant. I feel the artist is trying to convey the message that there are still some beautiful buildings within the UK. I also think that using some of these colours make a good effect and make the image look endearing.


__

No comments:

Post a Comment