This is my project evaluation for my Power Animal project.
____
The theme of this project was Identity, so for it we had to find out what our own personal power animal was. After much research into different animals and their attributes, I decided I was best suited to a fox. This is because I felt the attributes in which the fox carried, suited my personality the best.
As I had chosen to become a fox, I therefore had to create a fox mask. Which initially was meant to become an animation of me wearing it, but because of some problems, we only had to have two, good quality images of ourselves wearing our masks. Through the mask and the images, I was to communicate the timidity of the fox, whilst also showing how ferocious it can be. I did this by doing two different poses for the two final images. I felt like the images had to be understood by my peers, tutor and any university/job interviewer I had to see in the future, so I had to bear this in mind.
I originally was going to make a paper mache mask, which only covered my face and then I would have painted this accordingly. However, after researching different techniques and the technique in which we had to make the masks, I decided to go all out and make a whole head mask. For this, I decided I would cover it in fur just how a fox would be and then I chose to add a fox’s tail to the back of the mask. I did this as I feel the tail is the most acknowledged part of the fox and therefore wanted to communicate that message. There were also many other idea’s which I rejected such as the making of a sort of shamanic head dress as I felt I didn’t have the time to do something along them lines.
When it came to time management, I felt I could have done this a little better. I spend too much time actually creating my mask that I completely forgot about doing research and annotations. Therefore I had to do all of these things after I had created my mask which didn’t leave me with a lot of time to complete them. I feel my strength during this project was how I got so engrossed into making the mask, it actually turned out to look like a fox. I think that if I wasn’t so enthused about making the mask, I wouldn’t have done a good job at making it at all. So having not much time left to do my research and annotations, kind of worked out for the better as I ended up with a better mask overall.
I would like to have done a number of things differently throughout the project, such as managing my time better, plan more ahead amongst other things. However I feel this project went quite well for my first project and I am pleased with the finished out come. To ensure I improve of the next project in which I undertake, I will make sure I do enough research and I wouldn't focus all my attention on my final designs. I would focus more attention on the annotation of work and do a lot more 'book work' as it's known.
___
No comments:
Post a Comment