Friday, 20 November 2009

MVR - Massive Attack; Angel

Massive Attack - Angel


The video Angel by Massive Attack is essentially about dead people. In the video, it shows people who are alive in coffins from their point of view and down onto their face. Eventually the people who knew they were alive, go back and finish the job off to ensure they're dead. To me, the video doesn't really make much sense apart from a few scenes, which I can kind of understand. I think the video appears to be quite scary and mysterious in a way.


I like how in the video, all of it is in black and white which makes the whole video seem more dramatic. Also, the music along with the black and white makes the whole video seem scary and really dramatic. The way the director has made the video seem really old fashioned with the way it looks as though it's being projected from an old projector.
The video has been produced from a series of videos taken and put together. The video sequences have been made black and white and then had a special effect which make the video look really old fashioned and gives it a rustic and vintage effect.
I feel this song can relate to the song which I have chosen as both are about death and graves. I feel I could use some of the techniques used in this video in mine such as making the image black and white to make it more dramatic and adding the special effect which makes it look more vintage and rustic and old fashioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment